Monday, July 13, 2009

South Africa Part Three: The Recovery

So the knee is slowly but surely getting better. I made it out to some boulders, also slowly but surely, which was wonderful. Lyn is bringing out a hinged brace which will also help the mobility and support of the knee. I think I may be able to get on some easy and low stuff before the end of the trip, which is better than nothing I suppose...but it won't be quite the same as what I was hoping for in this trip.

Alan and Amna have made it out to Rocklands. They have yet to boulder due to the rainy weather since they have arrived. I think they are still jet lagged. The rain pounded on the house last night and when Mike woke Alan and Amna up this morning Alan asked "Where are we going climbing today?" and had no idea it was pouring outside. The two days of rain has been making everyone stir crazy... not me though... it just means music video makin' time. YESSSSssssssss.

Highlights of my trip so far: Deadwood (nuff said), our Toto music video (that's right), and the quiche at Nancy's. I can't wait to show you all the music video... it's worth the wait.

Looking forward to Lyn and Paul's arrival this Tuesday...

1 comment:

  1. Hope the brace helps! Also hope you at least get to do some climbing, no matter how lowball!

    ReplyDelete